The West Sacramento Foundation is a California non-profit public benefit corporation formed in 1988 to conduct fund-raising activities for the benefit of nonprofit organizations in West Sacramento.
2020 grant applications are closed and awardees will be contacted by phone or email.
The West Sacramento Foundation provides grants to registered 501(c)3 organizations that directly benefit the residents of West Sacramento. We usually award grants in the range of $150 to $2,000. Applications that do not depend on future fundraising to fulfill the need are more likely to be awarded.
Grants are not awarded for:
- General operating expenses
- Grants, salaries, stipends or similar
- Fundraisers, including annual campaigns and capital campaigns
- Private foundations
- Retire existing debt or replenish resources used to retire debt
- Projects that exceed one year
- Projects or organizations that did not submit reports for previous awards
The Foundation does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, military service, or other protected status, and will not make a grant to any organizations or agency that does.